Prepare guests for a positive worship experience by welcoming and assisting them to a seat, facilitating offering and maintaining a distraction free environment. With our serving, guests are able to hear the truth of God’s Word and experience God in a unified worship environment.
TEAM ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be helping others by maintaining order, eliminating potential distractions, and reducing the fears associated with attending a new church. Serve when scheduled and contact your Team Leader when you need a replacement.
- Be on time and attend pre-service team huddles. Pre-service usher meetings will be held 30 minutes before each service. You will meet with your Team Leader, pray, receive position.
- HANDS FREE! Please do not have a coffee drink in one hand – all of your attention should be focused on guests and members.
- Identify available seats. As the service progresses, know which seats are available in your section. Escort people entering the auditorium to available seats in your section.
- Be watchful for people who may have questions or special needs, particularly seniors or those who are disabled. Direct them to the appropriate section.
- Remain alert to potential distractions in your section.
- After the auditorium has cleared at the conclusion of the service, walk the aisles of your section to pick up trash, worship guides, coffee spills, etc.
- Direct your concerns, problems or improvement suggestions to your Team Leader or Campus Pastor.
- The Team Leader will train you on the specifics of seating, offering and dismissal at your individual campus.
- Serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve. Schedules are created on a monthly basis and communicated to the entire team via Rock.
- Please download and communicate through the ITOWN church and GroupMe apps. Your communication is crucial for building community and carrying out effective ministry.