RED TENT TEAM
We have the amazing opportunity to assist guests each Sunday! Whether they need directions to the nursery, questions about the service or other ministries, or details about how to complete the Grow Plan and join the Go Team, we are there. You are one of the first impressions that our guests have of ITOWN and you will be helping others by maintaining order, providing materials and direction, and reducing the fears associated with attending a new church. You may be the only individual contact some people have on Sunday, and your role is vital as you are entrusted with these relationships.
TEAM ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be on time and attend pre-service team huddles. Plan to meet 30 minutes before your service begins in the Main Lobby. Start each service by praying as a team.
- Be excellent in knowledge. You will be asked lots of questions, about the service, the Grow Plan, upcoming events and about the church in general. It is inevitable that you won’t know the answer to every question; we have an information sheet to help guide you. If you don’t know the answer to a question, ask your Team Leader for assistance.
- First Time Guest T-shirts bags and any other resources located at the Red Tent are available to guests each service free of charge.
- Smile and engage our guests. This is so important because we are going to see so many new faces on Sunday. Take the time to look someone in the eye, smile and learn his/her name.
- Proactively offer your assistance. Ask people if you can help them with some information. Many times people are hesitant to ask for help!
- Maintain a well-stocked center. It is critical that we maintain a fully stocked Red Tent, so be sure to check for supplies when you arrive and restock it if necessary.
- Fill out Red Tent Tracking Sheets- This sheet helps us track first time guest numbers! Team Leader will train on this process.
- Serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve. Schedules are created on a monthly basis and communicated to the entire team via Planning Center.