“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another...Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 4:10-11
- We serve diligently behind the scenes to support the Go Team, Pastors, and speakers who serve on stage in any capacity of song, message or video. Through our serving, guests are able to experience God in a unified worship environment and hear the truth of God’s Word.
- Preparing the elements. We serve to create a unified worship experience through utilizing various technical elements. In placing Scripture or song lyrics on the screens, seamlessly transitioning to videos, setting the tone of atmosphere with lighting, or even in capturing great camera shots for our live and online audiences, we enable people to encounter and grow with God.
- Creating the environment. We have the honor of enhancing the Spirit-filled environment of worship in our Church through sound, lighting, video production, and stage management. We are charged to protect this environment, maintaining a spirit of excellence and authenticity.
- Partnering with all teams. We are just a part of the whole Body of Christ, which means we are inviting and serving our guests as though this were our own home while authentically representing Jesus. You are entrusted by our Church to serve their family members, friends, and co-workers who may not yet know Jesus. You play an essential role in changing lives.
- Serve when scheduled. Contact your Team Leader or Campus Producer when you need a replacement. Team schedules are typically created on a monthly basis and communicated to the entire team via Planning Center Online. Your timely communication is crucial for building community and carrying out effective ministry, so please let your Team Leader or Campus Producer know your availability to serve.
- Be on time. Here at ITOWN, we embrace the principle, “if you’re early you’re on time; if you’re on time, you’re late.” It is your responsibility to be here as early as needed to be ready to serve at your scheduled time. If you anticipate a late arrival, please let your Team Leader or Campus Producer know immediately. Call times will always be posted on Planning Center Online to allow you to know when you need to be at your campus to serve.
- Prepare in prayer. Pray God’s heart for His people each and every time you serve. Ask God to move in a special way – to personally touch hearts and heal wounds and bring His lost children home. Pray for the specific, personal moment of intimacy with Jesus that would forever change their lives.
- Dress appropriately. What we wear can sometimes speak louder than what we say. Be mindful to not dress in a manner that would distract others or cause you potential harm. ITOWN Church does not ask for a specific attire for the production team, however, please refrain from wearing shorts, skirts, or dresses that are shorter than your fingertips, halter tops or spaghetti straps (except as a layering piece), or extremely baggy clothing. Use your best judgment and ask your Team Leader or Campus Producer if you have questions. *Stagehands wear all black*
- Remain positioned. Be in your assigned position no less than 7 minutes before each service begins. Once we get into position we serve throughout the entire service, facilitating every aspect of the audio and visual needs.
- Remain present. Do not leave the building for any reason until your scheduled time to serve is complete. If a sincere emergency arises, please let your Team Leader or Campus Producer know right away.
- Remain attentive. Even if you do not have an immediate responsibility, please remain attentive. Your Campus Producer will communicate changes and needs, as they arise.
- Serve with heart and commitment. When you serve in your gifts and passions, ministry is an overflow of love and is enjoyable to you. If this ministry is not a fit, if you would like to investigate a new team, or if you need a break from serving for a season, do not hesitate to let your Team Leader or Campus Producer know. This is why your leaders are here - to walk through life with you!
- Get pumped. Your service is giving people the chance to hear from Jesus and experience radical and real life change. “This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.” (2 Corinthians 9:12)
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and the blessing of a protected environment, people are
forever changed from experiencing God in a fresh, new way.