To intercede for the salvation, healing and protection of others through united prayer efforts during weekly services, city-wide outreaches, small groups and seasons of corporate prayer.
The Prayer Ministries’ strategy for ITOWN church is very much the same as Nehemiah’s in that both use the “1:1 Ratio.” There are hundreds of Go Team members who consistently serve to rebuild walls - the “wall workers”. In order to effectively rebuild walls and defend against the enemy, we also need hundreds of Prayer Team members who consistently serve to protect the “wall workers” - these Prayer Team members are the “protectors” or defenders of the “wall workers”.
Prayer Room: Intercession is a dynamic experience – for you and others. We pray the Word with great boldness, proclaiming God’s truth, drawing from the power of the Holy Spirit to serve the Church.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the service time begins. We begin each service by praying over the chairs in the auditorium then promptly return to the prayer room.
- Actively pray for the lost, hurting and broken with us during the worship service, interceding on their behalf. Your role in the Kingdom is Essential.
- You’ll find The 9 Step Strategy For Prayer guide in the prayer room. This will serve as your guide during the service. The Prayer Team Leader will keep the prayer focused. Our weekend services are focused on visitors and non-believers, so as the Spirit leads and especially during the salvation prayer, prayers will be very specifically directed to salvation of souls.
- Remain positioned. It is of utmost importance that we stay united in prayer and stay throughout the entire message and salvation prayer. You will finish serving at the conclusion of the service for which you are praying. Please be mindful that arriving mid-service to pray is a distraction for both guests and fellow team members.
- Respect the team. Unity is key to successful intercession. You may pray out loud or in your heart, but never dominate the prayer time. Keep your prayers concise, allowing the Holy Spirit to pray through you sincerely. Keep voice at a conversational level since the team will often pray aloud simultaneously.
- Remember, the prayers are being lifted to God and He hears your heart and your words. Be encouraged to use your prayer language, as well.
White Tent: This ministry team has the desire and ability to pray over any guest and stand in agreement with them to see God’s power at work.
- Please arrive at the White Tent 30 minutes before the service time begins and return to the tent immediately after the salvation call.
- Please write all prayer requests received on a connection card and turn it into the Red Tent Team so that we can be joining in prayer throughout the week.
Prayer Response Team: Our prayer response team is a group of people who are passionate about prayer and people. They send handwritten cards to everyone who sends in a prayer request to make sure they know their church is actively praying for them. They gather during the week to respond to prayer requests.
Serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve. Please download and communicate through the ITOWN app and GroupMe. Your communication is crucial for building community and carrying out effective ministry.