“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another...Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 4:10-11
Create an amazing first impression for all of our guests. The worship experience for our guests actually begins in the parking lot where they encounter the love of Christ through our Parking Team! With every smile, wave, and bit of assistance given we connect with people’s hearts. We actively and cheerfully engage guests as they arrive. We partner with the Body of Christ by inviting and serving guests while authentically representing Jesus. You have been entrusted by our Church to serve their family members, friends and co-workers who may not yet know Jesus. Your role in the Kingdom is essential.
TEAM ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guests form opinions about the ITOWN church within the first five minutes of being on campus. We have the distinct opportunity to make that opinion a positive one for Christ. Our actions have significant eternal impact, so it is crucial that we serve with excellence, honor and love.
- Be on time and check in with your Service Captain. Pre-service meetings are held 30 minutes before your scheduled service time. You will receive position assignments, prayer and other specific service updates at that time.
- Wear your team gear, which includes parking vest and walkie-talkies on Channel 4
- Serve in a manner that would honor Christ. Our actions often speak louder than our words, so always be mindful of how facial expressions and body language may be interpreted. Also, never speak rudely or abruptly over the walkie-talkie, as it can be heard throughout the entire lot.
- HAVE FUN! Your energy and joy is contagious, exhibiting the love and joy of Christ.
- For a medical emergency, first notify the Team Leader and then flip your walkie-talkie to Channel 3 to notify the First Responder and Campus Go Team Coordinator. (Only Campus Pastors and Police Officers are authorized to call 911.)
- Serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve. Schedules are created on a monthly basis and communicated to the entire team via Rock.