“Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another...Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 4:9-11
We serve in order to prepare the hearts of guests and members by welcoming everyone to ITOWN Church with a smile and a warm greeting. You will be helping others feel a sense of peace and order creating a friendly, relaxed environment while they browse through and purchase clothing and items from our merch stands.
You are partnering with the congregation as they invest in and invite their un-churched, neighbors, co-workers, friends or family members to attend church. Your service creates an ease and comfort in our guests so that they can receive the love and word of God through worship and the message. Enthusiasm is contagious – your excitement about ITOWN Church will make an eternal difference to others.
TEAM ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Smile and have fun! Cheerfully greet people as they come to your station or walk by.
- Focus on others. Please limit personal conversations with friends, so that you can freely engage with first time guests.
- Restock the merch stands (stock is in the cafe's back hallway). Organize all merch (clothing, books, mugs) with the spirit of excellence in mind.
- The ipods will be held in the cafe, ask cafe staff members for one. Make sure you return ipods after you are finished, so they are fully charged for the next person.
- Write down exchanges on the sheet that i will provide, to be documented correctly.
- Be watchful for people who may have questions or special needs, particularly seniors or those that are handicapped.
- Be prepared to serve guests at your position 30 minutes before service begins. Remain in your position for 15 minutes after the service begins to greet late guests.
- Serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve.
- Please download and communicate through the apps ROCK and GroupMe. Your communication is crucial for building community and carrying out effective ministry.