KIDS CHECK IN TEAM
“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming Me.” Matthew 18:5
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
Partner with ITOWN Kids and Preschool/Nursery ministries to create an excellent experience for families. Through our attentiveness and care, families are able to attend a service and encounter the Living God.
- Actively greet families with a smile, word of encouragement and assistance, knowing that you are a tangible representation of Jesus.
- Attentively check in children and assign them to ITOWN Kids and Nursery/Preschool rooms using our Fellowship One computer process and tag system.
- Partnering with the Body of Christ by inviting and serving guests while authentically representing Jesus. You have been entrusted by our Church to serve their family members, friends and co-workers who may not yet know Jesus. Your role in this movement is essential.
Serve when scheduled and contact your team leader if you need to cancel. Team schedules are created on a monthly basis and communicated to the entire team via Planning Center. Your participation in accepting or declining requests is crucial for carrying out effective ministry on the weekends.
Be on time. Arrive and meet your team captain 30 minutes prior to the start of your service. You will receive any specific team updates, stories from the church and pray over the coming service together.
Be familiar with the ministries in our kids area.
- Nursery/Preschool is for children from Birth through Kindergarten, available during each service.
- ITOWN Kids is for children 1st grade-5th grade, available during each service.
- Go Team JV is available for students 5th-8th grade who have completed both steps of the Grow Plan and have chosen to actively serve. This Go Team is available during each service.
Prepare in prayer. Pray God’s heart for His people each and every time you serve. Ask God how you can put someone else at ease, for the Lord to use you today, and how you can most authentically demonstrate His love. Pray for Heaven’s heart and Heaven’s hands.
Worship One, Serve One. This is the motto all of our Go Teams embrace. You can choose to serve one service and then worship one service, or worship one service and then serve. We encourage everyone to offer worship to the Lord with song and the hearing of the Word.
Smile! One smile can change a person’s day. Engage every guest personally, with a focus on others instead of self. Make eye contact and pleasantly greet guests as they approach the check-in desk. Make certain to limit extensive personal conversation so that you are available to serve guests.
Serve with heart and commitment. When you serve in your gifts and passions, ministry is an overflow of love and is enjoyable to you. If this ministry is not a fit, if you would like to try a new team or if you need a break from serving for a season, do not hesitate to let your team lead know. This is why your leaders are here - to walk through life with you!