ITOWN CARES TEAM
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:101
ITOWN Cares exists to share the love of Christ by assisting individuals needing special accommodations and their families to become full participants and contributors in the body of Christ.
- Build, maintain and enjoy a strong relationship with God and with your team members. You can only minister as deeply as your love for and relationship with God. You have an opportunity to create value EVERY time you have contact with someone. Make this event a moment that our guest will never forget!
- In order to help maintain relationships within the team, we have Team Leaders who will be in contact with you once you become a team member. This will help you stay connected to the team.
- Embrace every individual’s unique God-given abilities. Every child is different, and it is important to maintain a positive perception toward children with special needs and their families. Just because an individual may have a disability or require accommodations, he or she is not exempt from a relationship with Jesus.
- It does not take a “special person” to love someone with special needs; it only takes an open heart to love someone and make an impact on his or her spiritual life.
- Prepare in prayer. Pray God’s heart for His people each and every time you serve. Ask God to move in a special way – to personally touch hearts and heal wounds and bring His lost children home. Pray for the specific, personal moment of intimacy with Jesus that would forever change their lives.
- Providing accommodations to meet each individual’s physical, mental, and emotional needs in order to connect with God.
- Collaboration and communicating with other team members and families.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and the blessing of a protected environment, guests are forever changed from experiencing God in a fresh, new way. By adapting spiritual experiences, each child will grow closer in their relationship with God and families will be connected to a welcoming community of believers.