“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it” Hebrews 13:21
We serve in order to prepare the hearts of guests and members by welcoming everyone to ITOWN Church with a smile and a warm greeting. You will be helping others feel comfortable and relaxed by creating a friendly, non-threatening environment as they enjoy the services.
You are partnering with the congregation as they invest in and invite their un-churched neighbors, co-workers, friends or family members to attend church. Your service creates an ease and comfort in our guests so that they can receive the love and word of God through worship and the message. Enthusiasm is contagious – your excitement about ITOWN Church will make an eternal difference to others.
TEAM ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Smile and have fun! Cheerfully greet people as they come to your station or walk by.
- Focus on others. Please limit personal conversations with friends, so that you can engage our guests.
- Be sensitive to late guests; people will run late for many reasons and will be frustrated and upset with family members – we do not want to exacerbate the situation.
- Be watchful for people who may have questions or special needs, particularly seniors or those that are handicapped.
- Select your personal seat on the end of the aisle toward the back of the auditorium so that you will not be a distraction when entering the service.
- Serve with heart and commitment. When you serve in your gifts and passions ministry is an overflow of love and is enjoyable to you.
- Please be in places 45 min prior to service time. Doors will open 30 minutes in advance.
- Please stay in positions greeting until worship has ended and return to your positions after the salvation call for service dismissal.
- Serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve.
- Please download and communicate through the ITOWN church and GroupMe apps. Your communication is crucial for building community and carrying out effective ministry.