“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another...Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ.”
1 Peter 4:10-11
We are here to serve our guests and members as the first response team, should any medical or health related emergencies arise. This team generates an atmosphere of caring by ensuring our guests and members that their personal well-being is important to us. We know that peace creates comfort. Knowing that our staff and team is ready should any medical emergency arise creates an atmosphere of peace. When there is peace, people are more apt to encounter Jesus.
TEAM ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be prepared to serve guests at your position 20 minutes before the service begins. Upon arrival proceed to the Go Team room. Sign in selecting the First Responder Team. Please wear your name tag! This communicates to the person you are responding to that you are a professional.
- Please get a walkie-talkie set up for channel 3 and a headset. Please wear the headset through the duration of your serve time.
- If an emergency occurs, our Production Team will place the First Responder (“FR12”) number on the Auditorium Screen. You will then, immediately, exit the auditorium and head to the lobby where staff or Team Leader will meet you and fill you in on the emergency.
- Dialing 911. Only an ITOWN Staff member is qualified to dial 911 for an emergency. The First Responder’s job is to stabilize any emergency situation until help arrives.
- Please serve when scheduled or notify your Team Leader if you cannot make it to serve.
- Please download and communicate through the apps Planning Center and GroupMe.